Grace Diaries Lifestyle

Ponders from our Summer Break: As a Stay at Home Mom

15 August 2018

summer style, casual style, maxi dress outfit ideas, summer outfits, stay at home mom

Well just like that we have wrapped up yet another summer break. As I sit here pondering on our time this summer I can’t help but feel quite pleased and content. Perhaps even a bit proud. It was relaxed, low key, and schedule-less. All three being very different descriptions from past summers for me as a stay at home mom. In fact my previous summer breaks only had one description: “Insane in the membrane!!” ha!

Running my household with three kids (one with special needs) requires a lot of strategy, strict schedules, sacrifice, and extreme limits for everyone involved. Wavering from any of those throws so much off with at times extreme consequences. But I’m noticing things are changing. Life seems to be falling into a bit more of a civil place. That sounds terrible, but it’s really the only way I can describe it since in the past zoo keeper and peacemaker were my roles most days.

sandy beaches, summer days, struggles as a stay at home mom, black maxi dress, beach style,

This summer we were able to touch a lifestyle that I didn’t foresee ever experiencing again since becoming a parent almost 14 yrs ago. We slept in {hallelujah!}, ate lunch at odd hours {hey – it was noon somewhere!}, we swam — a lot {3 swimmers now wohoo}, and traveled {twice!}. We even managed to check off the last item from our summer bucket list this past weekend by adopting a little puppy – Lord help me!

seaside, beach outfits, summer days on the beach

hats for summer, summers beaches, summer time beaches, beach style outfit inspiration

summer outfit ideas, casual style, minimalist beach outfit ideas, hats, red hair inspiration

And while this summer I still had days of sadness, frustration, exhaustion, and loneliness that comes with raising a family that requires constant strategies and heavy limitations. I can’t help but notice we are evolving as a family quite nicely. So what if our pace is much slower (and different) than the rest! It is our pace for our story and we worked hard to make it.

summer break, beach days, summer vacations

summer sky, beach crosswalks, how to spend summer days with kids, summer outfits with hats,

maxi dresses, fedora hats, white cross body, summer time style

So cheers to our Summer Break 2018. It was a great one! Now bring on the schedules and routine! ๐Ÿ˜‰

How was your summer?

Annetteย โ™ฅ

Pin to Share:

stay at home struggles, blessings as a parent, special needs, mom, Ocean view, beaches, summer time as a stay at home mom

Popular Posts

• Reply Katie N 15 August 2018 at 8:53 AM

I’m not a mother yet, but I can only imagine how summers can be fun, exciting and exhausting at the same time! I admire wonderful women like you who keep up with spending time with their family, their blogs and .. a new puppy! Keep up the amazing work!

• Reply Annette 15 August 2018 at 2:28 PM

Thank you Katie for your kind words and support. xo

• Reply Rach 15 August 2018 at 10:27 AM

So glad you were able to squeeze in some relaxing time! Sleeping in, odd lunch times, omggg what is this!? Haha sounds the best!

• Reply Annette 15 August 2018 at 2:30 PM

Lol – yes, I just learned these things really do exists. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Kim 15 August 2018 at 2:17 PM

It sounds like you had quite an eventful summer break with your kids! I’m jealous of your sleeping in time!

xoxo,
    Kim

• Reply Annette 15 August 2018 at 2:31 PM

It was definitely different. lol Thank you for reading Kim.

• Reply Tanvi Rastogi 15 August 2018 at 5:51 PM

I am not a mother but I am always amazed at how much multi tasking it requires. Looks like you had an eventful summer. Here’s to more peaceful sleep filled nights ๐Ÿ˜‰

โฅ tanvii.com

• Reply Annette 16 August 2018 at 4:00 PM

Thanks so much Tanvi, I appreciate you reading. xo

• Reply Megan 15 August 2018 at 8:15 PM

I’m so glad you had a good summer! Sometimes the best summer are the ones without plans or schedules.

Megan | http://www.pipmegan.com

• Reply Annette 16 August 2018 at 4:01 PM

Yes! You are so right Megan. Thank you for reading.

• Reply alyson 16 August 2018 at 8:20 AM

So glad I connected to your blog… just went back and read about your son and your shifted mindset. It was beautiful and honest and raw and I’m grateful you shared it. We adopted our son (after I had major health issues) and I’ve been transparent as well through the process of the unexpected and I’m so grateful when other women are as well. I’m so glad you had beauty in your summer — these photos of you are beautiful! excited to start following you on Instagram as well. ๐Ÿ™‚

alyson

• Reply Annette 16 August 2018 at 4:03 PM

Thank you so much Alyson. Your kind words are so much appreciated. The unexpected is so tough, but God is always there no matter what. I’m so happy to meet you. Look forward to future connections and hearing more about your journey. xo

• Reply Sara 16 August 2018 at 12:05 PM

I’m so glad you had a great Summer break! As a kid, my favorite memories are from lazy Summer days with my mom and sis going to the pool, getting ice cream, and riding bikes till the street lights came on! Sure we went to camp and had some structure, but for the most part, we just went wherever the day took us and we LOVED it!

xo, Sara

• Reply Annette 16 August 2018 at 4:06 PM

I love hearing this Sara. I really do believe the simple things with kids are what stay with them forever. Thank you for reading and sharing. xo

• Reply Stephanie 16 August 2018 at 9:16 PM

I love the outlook you have on not only summer, but your family and home life as well. It IS your life, your pace, your crew – and that’s what makes it special. Everyone is different in how they live and function, and there’s no need for comparison (though it is quite tricky to avoid). You’re doing spectacularly and I love following along with your adventures in fashion, life, and more!

• Reply Annette 20 August 2018 at 7:58 PM

Thank you Stephanie for your comment. Your support is appreciated. xo

• Reply PATRICIA HOBSON 16 August 2018 at 11:28 PM

What I love about your blog, is just being you, beautiful, loving, teachable…..Godly Woman that treasures the family God gave you and James. As you remember, the beach was always a special place for us, calming by the water. Love the Hat! Mom

• Reply Annette 20 August 2018 at 7:57 PM

Thank you Mom for the kind words and support. xoxo