Lifestyle

What I’m Loving: 5 Helpful Tools for Productivity

January 31, 2018

what i'm loving, helpful tools, apps I'm loving, productivity, goals, resolutions, calendars, apps

In today’s post I am introducing a blog series that I am excited to start sharing with you guys each month. It will basically highlight what I have been loving over the past month. I plan to keep the series quite broad for the simple fact that my sources of inspiration come from a variety of things, moments, etc. I hope these little tidbits each month will be something fun, informative, and perhaps even insightful for everyone (myself included).

January for me has really been a month of finding ways to bring some kind of order to my life. As shared here my mission for 2018 was to work towards a goal oriented mindset. Of course it’s only January and there are definitely still plenty of areas to learn and improve (aren’t there always?). However I’m feeling pretty good on how things are heading in that direction thus far.

Thanks to a few helpful tools my brain is starting to function in a more planned and organized format. So I thought I would share those tools with you guys.

HERE ARE 5 PRODUCTIVITY TOOLS I’M LOVING:

One | Calendar

Imagine that lol! I know, I know this one is a no brainer right? But up until recently I struggled with “What” to put on the calendar. I was trying to cram my whole life and all it’s details on a little ol’ calendar. Which needless to say then generated a huge jumbled mess of confusion. And I for one can not function in mess. Period! Plus my hand writing is THE WORST so I couldn’t even read it!

I now understand that a calendar works best (for me anyway) when used primarily as the over all view of plans for the day/week/month/year. And because I work better under visually pleasing and orderly circumstances rather than deciphering through my horrible handwriting I’ve opted to using the calendar on my phone.

After creating multiple color coded calendars for the varies areas in my life (appointments, meal plans, bills, special activities, re-occuring chores, etc) I now have a good feel on what lies ahead. And with my Macbook Pro syncing capabilities with my phone the results have been LIFE CHANGING!

Two | Wunderlist

This app has been wonderful for to-do lists, long term goals, ideas, projects etc. This basically houses the outlined details needed in order to make the plans on my calendar happen. It’s where my brain is dumped into organized folders and categories to guide the tasks along more efficiently. There are several features within the app I have yet to explore, but I’m loving the results so far in helping me stay on track.

Three | Buy Me A Pie

This one isn’t new for me, but it is definitely an app worth mentioning in terms of helpful tools for keeping my shopping lists in order. It basically facilitates lists for all your shopping needs including all those stores my family shops at on a regular basis (target, grocery store, home depot etc.). The sharable feature has been the most helpful for my husband and I. We just simply add items to the lists from our own devices as we think of them. And then the next time one of us is at that store we just simply refer to our shopping list that was built over time. No more calling the other one asking if they need anything while they are there. Brilliant!

Four | UNUM

A friend of mine told me about this app and it has been a tremendous help on planning out my future Instagram posts. As crazy as it may seem planning Instagram posts is an art on so many levels. It can literally take up sooo much of your time if a plan is not in place. Now I prefer my Instagram posts to have some flexibility for the importance of real-time engagement. However this app has provided a helpful place for me to visually plan social media posts in accordance with my upcoming blogs posts. There are many apps out there for social media planning, but so far this one has been working well for me.

Five | Invitd

I have used a few electronic invitation platforms over the years, but lately I have been enjoying the simplicity of this one. The main feature that grabbed me with this app was it’s ability to send my invitations via text messages. Most individuals check their texts quicker than their email. So having an app be able to pull from my contacts and send invites via text has been extremely handy. Plus the recipients are not required to have an account to open and respond to the invitation. So it’s simple, efficient, and convenient.

What tools have been helpful in your productivity?

Annette ♥

– Current Jam –

“Then” by Brad Paisley

Sign up for my newsletter to receive exclusive updates and early access to Blog Posts and Giveaway opportunities.

– TOP POSTS & PAGES –

• Reply Patricia Hobson January 31, 2018 at 3:25 pm

My tools for planning……is having Annette, Gloria and Biff in my life, as you know not much of a tech person. LOL! I would say my smart phone (smarter than me), and laptop is my go to’s. Do enjoy having Pinterest on my phone so I can refer to recipe for ingred. Cartwheel (Target), Krogers, Hobby lobby, & Walmart apps are great to check for sales, coupons/discounts. My latest app is WeightGURUS syncs up to my new scales , helps me keep track of my health better…..my goal for 2018. I too use Invitd app. for Family Events!

• Reply Annette January 31, 2018 at 3:56 pm

I haven’t heard of WeightGURUS. Sounds very interesting. Especially since it syncs up. Thank you for reading. xo

• Reply Jackie January 31, 2018 at 4:21 pm

Thanks!! Hadn’t heard of any of these apps so will be checking them out. This was timely as I was manually “syncing” my running OneNote list of events with my Outlook at work and will be doing the same with my refrigerator calendar tonight. LOL Definately could use something that I can sync with husband and children’s calendars. 😊

• Reply Annette February 1, 2018 at 10:06 am

Yes, it is so crazy keeping up with it all. I hope some of these apps will be helpful. Thank you for reading Jackie. xo

• Reply rebecca January 31, 2018 at 4:52 pm

Can’t live without UNUM or Wunderlist!!! A definite most for staying organized!!

xx Rebecca // The Crystal Press

• Reply Annette February 1, 2018 at 10:06 am

YES! I completely agree. Thank you for reading.

• Reply Nelli January 31, 2018 at 5:35 pm

I have heard so much great things about UNUM and Wunderlist, need to look into both of these apps. Thanks for the reminder! Xo, Nelli

• Reply Annette February 1, 2018 at 10:07 am

Sure! I hope they work out for you.

• Reply Tif January 31, 2018 at 6:57 pm

So helpful! I need to check out Wunderlist and Buy Me a Pie. . .especially since my hubby does all of the grocery shopping.

Tif

• Reply Annette February 1, 2018 at 10:10 am

I hope they are helpful to you. Both of those I use daily! Thank you for reading.

• Reply Amy Loochtan January 31, 2018 at 7:09 pm

i LIVE by my paper calendar! I love having it all where I can see it!

• Reply Annette February 1, 2018 at 10:11 am

I have always loved the thought of it. I think I am just an electronic calendar girl. 🙂 Thank you for reading Amy.

• Reply Julia Comil January 31, 2018 at 8:44 pm

Love Unum! I did not know about the other apps Will check them out for sure

• Reply Annette February 1, 2018 at 10:12 am

I hope you find the helpful. Some of those I use daily. Thank you for reading Julia.

• Reply Megan January 31, 2018 at 9:30 pm

Downloading all of these as we speak! They all sound so helpful.

Megan | http://www.pipmegan.com

• Reply Annette February 1, 2018 at 10:13 am

Oh good! I hope you find them helpful. I use many of them daily.

• Reply Jeannette January 31, 2018 at 10:39 pm

Thanks for sharing these tips! I Just downloaded Unum, what a game changer!

• Reply Annette February 1, 2018 at 10:13 am

Your welcome. I felt Unum was a game changer as well. Thank you for reading.

• Reply Mimi February 1, 2018 at 8:38 am

Wonderlist is my favourite! I have so many list on it! I have to check out the other tools you recommend since I love that app so much 😀

• Reply Annette February 1, 2018 at 10:14 am

Wunderlist is wonderful. I hope you find the others helpful as well. xo

• Reply shalama February 1, 2018 at 8:39 am

I am a big calendar person. We even have a joint family Google calendar so we can make sure important things we all need to know about it are on there. Other than that I don’t have many things I use. I have tried a few others but always come back to just a regular calendar.

• Reply Annette February 1, 2018 at 10:16 am

I know many that just prefer a good ol’ fashion calendar. The way we organize is definitely a preference thing in order for it to be beneficial. Thank you for reading Shalama. xo

• Reply Liz February 1, 2018 at 12:02 pm

I definitely love calendars too! I take my planner with me everywhere I go lol!

Liz

• Reply Annette February 2, 2018 at 9:06 am

Thankfully I can too since it’s in my phone. 🙂

• Reply DTKAustin February 1, 2018 at 12:11 pm

I love all of these tips!! I wouldn’t survive without my calendar and planner. Working full time makes it tough to see when I actually have time to squeeze in blogging! If I wasn’t organized I don’t think the blog would be here!

• Reply Annette February 2, 2018 at 9:08 am

I admire and respect those that successfully juggle a full time job and blogging. That is hands down two full time jobs! That is amazing Ashley.

• Reply Cristina - Memories of the Pacific February 1, 2018 at 12:41 pm

I love anything to improve productivity and to get organized. Although I’m quite old fashioned. I just use the traditional calendar 🙂

• Reply Annette February 2, 2018 at 9:09 am

I love old fashioned. I MISS old fashioned. lol 🙂

• Reply Leslie February 1, 2018 at 8:50 pm

I’m definitely checking out Wunderlist. It sounds like just what I need to help with my organizing my ideas.

• Reply Annette February 2, 2018 at 9:11 am

I hope you find it as helpful as it’s been for me. I have been really impressed. xo

• Reply Ada February 1, 2018 at 9:03 pm

I love and use a few of these but I have never heard of a few you mentioned so I will have to check them out.

• Reply Annette February 2, 2018 at 9:12 am

I hope you enjoy them as I am.

• Reply Penny February 1, 2018 at 9:11 pm

I am downloading BuyMeAPie right now. Thanks for sharing!

• Reply Annette February 2, 2018 at 9:13 am

Buy Me A Pie is awesome! It has been a game changer for my husband and I. Hope you love it too. xo

• Reply Rachel Catherine February 1, 2018 at 11:50 pm

All these sound awesome! I will have to check out Buy Me A Pie and Wunderlist! Thanks for the recommendations!

• Reply Annette February 2, 2018 at 9:14 am

Sure. Both of those apps I practically use daily. I hope they are helpful for you. xo

• Reply Ashley February 2, 2018 at 12:19 am

So helpful! I can’t wait to check these out!

• Reply Annette February 2, 2018 at 9:14 am

I hope they help. xo

• Reply shan walker February 2, 2018 at 7:42 am

I’ve got to check invitd. It sounds perfect for an event I have coming up. Texts are where it’s at these days. GREAT list!

• Reply Annette February 2, 2018 at 9:20 am

Yes, I definitely recommend giving it a try. I just used it again the other day for my son’s birthday party. It’s not overly fancy as some platforms out there, but it gets the job done. Thank you for reading Shan. 🙂

• Reply Steph February 2, 2018 at 3:30 pm

I’m going to have to save this for later because I haven’t heard of any of these. I need something to keep me focused though!

xo,
    Steph
    @trendyinindy || trendyinindy.com

• Reply Annette February 2, 2018 at 3:43 pm

I totally get the needing help with focus. I feel I am interrupted a gazillion times a day! I hope you find them as helpful as I have.

• Reply Tanvi Rastogi February 2, 2018 at 5:32 pm

I am an old school pen and paper kinda girl. I am still making lists and writing down in my journals.

❥ tanvii.com

• Reply Annette February 3, 2018 at 5:05 pm

I have always envied the pen and paper method. xo

• Reply Steve Carlton February 7, 2018 at 11:08 am

Hey Annette,

Steve with Invitd here, thanks for giving us a shout out!

My idea for Invitd came after frustrations with using other platforms to send invites and track RSVPs. They were complicated, people didn’t get the invite, didn’t RSVP or said they were coming and forgot about the event. So I set out on a mission to make invites and RSVPs easy for both the host and the guest. It’s been a fun journey but I think I am most excited about creating something that brings people together.

I’ll also add a vote for Trello which I am loving lately. I’m running nearly every part of the business so I need to something to keep my head on straight. I put app feedback, bugs, marketing ideas and current projects all on to one board and then track what I am currently working on this week.

Thanks again for the mention!

• Reply Annette February 7, 2018 at 3:52 pm

Hi Steve, thanks for stopping by to give the post a read. 🙂 I hope Invitd helps others as it has myself. I will definitely look into Trello, thanks for sharing! Have a good one!