Lifestyle

Hurricane Harvey: Houston Strong

September 7, 2017
lace, lace dress, red hair, ivy, hurricane harvey

Hey there! It feels really good to be able to sit down and catch up with you all here on the blog. Schedules have been a bit out of wack around here since we last visited HERE. Between prepping the kids for the new school year and catching up on things around the house, blog posts had to take the back burner. And then when Hurricane Harvey hit…well everything got thrown off completely to say the least!

*My hometown Friendswood, Texas – Hurricane Harvey

hurricane harvey, hurricane, hurricane damage, natural disaster, storm damage, friendswood, texas, houston

Thankfully all of my family’s safety and homes were secured throughout the entire storm here in Houston. Unfortunately for so many others this was not the case. The amount of loss and devastation in my hometown and surrounding areas from Hurricane Harvey has been unbelievably heartbreaking. I’m sure through news coverage and social media you have caught a glimpse to those affected here. But I have to say nothing compares to the up close and personal.

*This area is only blocks from my home. Friendswood, Texas – Hurricane Harvey

floods, hurricane harvey, homes flooded, houses underwater, natural tragedy

Just driving down near by streets and witnessing the mounds of debris piled up in front of damaged homes and businesses…

…it leaves you speechless.

hurricane harvey debris, flooded aftermath

stacked debrc, hurricane damage, hurricane harvey, natural tragedy

hurricane damage, friendswood, texas, hurricane harvey, houston

Being a Houstonian most of my life I have experienced a handful of hurricane scares. And while my family was spared through this one, we too have been on the flip side in previous storms with devastating damage within our own home. And I have to say whether you have been personally hit with damage or not, you feel ‘affected’.

Houston Strong has been a phrase used quite a bit lately. And I am proud to say that through this challenging time the outpouring of support, love, and long hours of extensive labor for our city is proving to be more powerful than the actual storm. God has never left us and is going to bring us out of this even better than we were before.

I recently heard a song that has been spreading around on Facebook shortly after the hurricane. It is a medley of two powerful songs in one. I hope it touches your heart as much as it does mine. xo

Thank you all for your continued support during this difficult time for many. Please continue to pray for all the affected individuals as well as safety from the new storms currently headed in other areas.

Many blessings your way.

blue lace dress, nine west bag, t strap heel, snakeskin heel, red hair, friendswood, texas, friendswood uncorked, hurricane harvey

WHAT I’M WEARING:

DRESS Ross || SHOES Apt. No 9 || BAG Nine West

*Unfortunately my dress and shoes are no longer available; however I have linked similar pieces to achieve the look reflected in this post.

– Current Jam –

“Beautiful, Beautiful” by Francesca Battistelli

– Follow on Liketoknow.it –

Text you’d like to show if your image didn’t load

– STYLE INSPIRATION –

– TOP POSTS & PAGES –

• Reply Connie September 7, 2017 at 3:57 pm

You did a great job on this and love the song. We drove a bit around Friendswood today and it is awful. Ours hearts go out to everyone. We are so thankful that God took care of us. Your dress is beautiful

• Reply Annette September 7, 2017 at 7:32 pm

Thank you. 🙂 The impact over our city is pure devastation, but God. We will come out stronger. Thank you for reading. xoxo

• Reply Andrea September 8, 2017 at 5:08 am

Please know that we are all praying for Texas – and now for Florida….

• Reply Annette September 8, 2017 at 6:06 pm

Thank you so much Andrea. xoxo

• Reply Lena September 8, 2017 at 5:30 am

This is so heart breaking. I am glad that your family is safe, but seeing the devastation of your town is so hard. Praying for you and everyone in Texas for strength and courage.

Sending love and light to you!

• Reply Annette September 8, 2017 at 6:07 pm

Thank you Lena, we so appreciate everyone’s prayers. xo

• Reply Tanvi Rastogi September 8, 2017 at 5:58 am

This is so heart breaking! Glad your family was safe through this. Hope the best for everyone and will continue to donate and do what we can from afar.

❥ tanvii.com

• Reply Annette September 8, 2017 at 6:09 pm

Thank you Tanvi. It’s really so sad. I appreciate your support and stopping by to read. xo

• Reply Lauren September 9, 2017 at 9:48 am

I can’t even imagine what the impact looks like in person! It is so sad to see and I’m praying for all those who lost everything. What a nightmare! But you’re right. God has never left and he is in the midst of all this devastation right now!

Lauren

• Reply Annette September 14, 2017 at 5:01 pm

It really has been a nightmare for so many. And the aftermath work involved I’m sure feels so overwhelming. Thank you for your kind words and prayers Lauren. I appreciate you stopping by to read. xo

• Reply Ashley Millar September 10, 2017 at 6:49 pm

I am very glad that you and your family are safe, but I continue to pray for Houston and all of those affected. Thank you for sharing ! And, that dress is lovely 🙂

• Reply Annette September 14, 2017 at 5:02 pm

Thank you Ashley, I really appreciate that. xo

• Reply Pamela Canard September 14, 2017 at 1:02 pm

thank you so much for this blog. my heart goes out to everyone in Tx. and Fl. places that are always in my heart. and people that love.

• Reply Annette September 14, 2017 at 5:06 pm

Thank you Aunt Pam. The devastation so many are dealing with is heartbreaking. I’m glad you stopped by to give my blog post on the hurricane a read. xo

• Reply Casey September 15, 2017 at 10:22 am

Beautiful post, my friend. So glad you and your family are safe!

• Reply Annette September 18, 2017 at 9:04 am

Thank you Casey, likewise for you and your family. xo