Lifestyle Style

A Season of New Beginnings

April 19, 2017
BLUE BIRD DRESS, BLACK SANDALS, FOREVER 21, BIB NECKLACE, MCGOVERN CENTENNIAL GARDENS

Hello friends. I hope everyone had a lovely Easter weekend with their loved ones. Easter is a highly celebrated occasion in our family so it’s always a special time. We were blessed with beautiful weather here in Houston too so that was a nice rare treat to go along with our holiday.

BLUE DRESS WITH BIRDS, BLACK SANDALS, FOREVER 21 DRESS

EASTER DRESS, BIRD PRINT DRESS, FOREVER 21, RED HAIR, TALBOTS NECKLACE

BLUE DRESS, EASTER OUTFIT, GARDENS, RED HAIR

BLUE DRESS, PEARL JEWELRY, NINEWEST BAG

As some of you may have noticed (or not) I took a mini break from blogging over the last few weeks. Life was getting just a bit too overwhelming and I needed to regroup. A part of me would much rather let you believe that I can handle it all. BUT we all know that none of us can handle it all so that would be a disservice and waste to try to lead you otherwise. Once I gave myself permission to take a break and focus on other things I needed and wanted to do, it immediately felt right. So I knew it was what God was guiding me to do.

There were only intensions of taking a week break. But when the time came around to kick back into gear as planned it didn’t feel right just yet. So another week to regroup I did. 🙂 Now I must say, during that regrouping period it felt like my brain did a massive dump of various thoughts and ponderings. And it was amazing!! By nature, I am a huge “thinker”. My thinking time is when God fuels me with inspiration and purpose. So when I no longer had time to “think” I was beginning to feel quite lost.

PARK BENCH, GARDENS, BIRD WATCHING, BLUE DRESS, BLACK SANDALS

I’m so glad I gave myself that permission to cut back and just “be” for a minute. I challenge us all to embrace those moments when God is asking us to slow down and regroup. He is our true guide in life and if we don’t fit time in our busy lives to actually sit still and listen to His guidance we could miss out on great and powerful things.

BLUE DRESS, BIRD PRINT DRESS, PEARLY JEWELRY, BURDLIFE BRACELET, RED HAIR

Easter is a celebration of our Risen King and new beginnings came with that miracle. This particular Easter season, new beginnings seem to be a common theme for many in my life. Change is in the air and I know God has great plans in these new beginnings.

This post is dedicated to my parents. As they transition through a new season by downsizing and pursue a life of travel, I look forward to witnessing God’s plan unfold in this new chapter in their lives. ♥

BIRDS, DOVES, PARK BENCH, MCGOVERN CENTENNIAL GARDENS

I come from a family of bird lovers so when I saw these cute little doves hanging out on the park bench I had to stop by and visit. They didn’t seem too bothered by the paparazzi attention either. 🙂

We had the honor of hosting Easter this year. Below is a photo of our tablescape. There is a mixture of pieces already owned as well as some family heirlooms passed down from my mom (teal mason jars) and grandmother (handmade lace tablecloth). The tulips were a gift from my mother in-law…aren’t they gorgeous?!! It’s the little things. 🙂

EASTER TABLETOP, TABLESCAPE, EASTER, TEAL MASON JARS, TULIPS, LACE TABLECLOTH, SPRING TABLESCAPE

This post was a bit different than my usual, but it continues to reflect my initial vision for Textures of Grace. Thank you for allowing me to share this journey with you. It is truly a gift in so many ways. Many blessings your way.

P.S. Are you subscribed to my Newsletter yet? I would love to be connected so be sure to Subscribe at the bottom of this post.

BLUE DRESS, BLACK SANDALS, PARK BENCH, MCGOVERN CENTENNIAL GARDENS, NINEWEST BAG

BLUE DRESS, BIRD PRINT DRESS, FOREVER 21, PEARL BIB NECKLACE, BURDLIFE BRACELET

*Unfortunately most of the pieces in these images are no longer available. :/ However I have linked a collection of items below that achieve a similar look.

WHAT I’M WEARING:

DRESS Forever 21 (similar) (similar) (similar) (similar) // SHOES Forever 21 (similar) (similar) (similar)// BAG Nine West // NECKLACE Talbots (similar) (similar) (similar) // BRACELET Burdlife

– Current Jam –

“Beautiful, Beautiful” by Francesca Battistelli

– Follow on Liketoknow.it –

Text you’d like to show if your image didn’t load

– STYLE INSPIRATION –

– TOP POSTS & PAGES –

• Reply Katie Rose April 19, 2017 at 6:53 am

Love love loved this! Thanks so much for sharing! Breaks are much needed.

• Reply Annette April 19, 2017 at 7:31 pm

Thank you Katie for saying that. I appreciate your support and sweet spirit. Have a great evening. Hope to chat soon. xo

• Reply Esmeralda April 19, 2017 at 8:40 am

I know exactly what you mean when some times you just need a break! I’m so happy you heard from God & that he told you to just slow down. I hope you found the inspiration you were looking for when taking this break & im so excited to read your future posts!!
    Btw your table setting was so beautiful & sentimental! How sweet of your MIL with those tulips!

• Reply Annette April 19, 2017 at 7:30 pm

Thank you so much for your kind words Esmeralda. The few week break was exactly what I needed. Having the time to actually do a table setting was sooo amazing. I had missed doing those thing so much. 🙂 I appreciate you reading. Have a great night. xo

• Reply Connie Gomez April 19, 2017 at 12:35 pm

Lovely reflection! We all need breaks!!! I also love your dress!

• Reply Annette April 19, 2017 at 7:26 pm

Thank you Connie. I appreciate you reading. 🙂

• Reply Megan Dunham April 19, 2017 at 1:30 pm

Loved this post!! Sometimes we all just need to stop and take a breather, especially from social media! Your tablescape for Easter was beautiful!

• Reply Annette April 19, 2017 at 7:25 pm

Thank you Megan. It is so true. The breather was so much needed…now I feel inspired again. 🙂 Thank you so much for reading. xo

• Reply Casey April 19, 2017 at 3:16 pm

You look beautiful, as always! I think breaks are a good thing. I always come back refreshed after one.

• Reply Annette April 19, 2017 at 7:23 pm

Thank you Casey. A refresher was needed. Hope you are doing well friend. xo

• Reply Silvia April 19, 2017 at 5:08 pm

You look gorgeous! I’m glad you got a chance to regroup. With everything running at full speed we all need it once in a while. Glad to see you are back! 🙂

• Reply Annette April 19, 2017 at 7:22 pm

Thank you Silvia. Appreciate your support. xo

• Reply Stephanie Waddell April 19, 2017 at 6:49 pm

You are adorable!

• Reply Annette April 19, 2017 at 7:21 pm

Thank you Stephanie. 🙂

• Reply Charity April 19, 2017 at 8:30 pm

Thanks for opening up! This is why I take many days to write a blog post! I have to feel inspired and sometimes just taking the time to reflect and refocus is the best.

• Reply Annette April 21, 2017 at 2:10 pm

I totally agree!! I appreciate bloggers that put thought in there posts. Thank you so much for reading Charity.

• Reply Patricia Hobson April 19, 2017 at 9:59 pm

Thank You Annette, The DRESS is beautiful on you! I loved the Easter table setting also, touches from so many family members. My mother would probably be very surprised that her canning jars were our tea glasses for Easter! It’s fun to take time to remember our loved ones that have gone on to be with Jesus! Looking forward to our journey’s in our new home on wheels!

• Reply Annette April 21, 2017 at 2:12 pm

Thank you mom. 🙂 I forgot that the mason jars were for canning. Makes it even more fun. I appreciate you reading. xo

• Reply Alicia Yarrish April 20, 2017 at 12:41 am

Sometimes you need to step back to gain clarity. I’m happy you took this time for yourself!

And you Easter tablescape is beautiful!

• Reply Annette April 21, 2017 at 2:13 pm

Thank you Alicia, I appreciate that. It was a nice break. 🙂 Thank you for reading. Have a great weekend.

• Reply Harmony, Momma To Go April 20, 2017 at 5:30 am

Welcome back! I do love that dress bummer it’s no longer available!

• Reply Annette April 21, 2017 at 2:14 pm

Thank you! I know….it really is a bummer it’s gone. I did find some cute similar pieces though. Good to know bird print hasn’t gone away. 🙂 I appreciate you reading. Have a great weekend.

• Reply Andrea April 20, 2017 at 5:31 am

Sounds to me like you had a great holiday – and welcome back!

• Reply Annette April 21, 2017 at 2:15 pm

Thank you Andrea. 🙂

• Reply Giustina April 20, 2017 at 6:59 am

I love everything about your outfit! I haven’t been to Forever21 in awhile, but I also love the similar ASOS Oasis Bird Print Flute Sleeve Dress too! So pretty! <3

• Reply Annette April 21, 2017 at 2:16 pm

Thank you Giustina! 🙂 Yes, I thought that dress was super cute. It was nice to see that there still was a nice selection of bird print pieces out there. I appreciate you reading. Have a great weekend.

• Reply Belle April 20, 2017 at 8:45 am

This post is very timely! I feel like I really need a break lately and I’m just finishing the things I need to do and I’m so excited to take my much-needed break. I agree with you, no one can really handle it ALL. I’m so glad the break and regroup did what it’s supposed to do for you. And that new chapter of your parents’ lives, it’s so exciting!

Belle | One Awesome Momma

• Reply Annette April 21, 2017 at 2:19 pm

Thank you Belle. I’m glad that you are prepping for your break. The refresher really helped me clear my head for new inspiration. Enjoy your time off. Thank you so much for reading. 🙂

• Reply Krysten April 20, 2017 at 11:18 am

I love spring because everything is new. It really is the season of new beginnings. I love that dress, it’s super cute!

• Reply Annette April 21, 2017 at 2:20 pm

Thank you Krysten! 🙂 Yes, I love spring air and the fresh new vibes it has to offer. I appreciate you reading. Have a great weekend.

• Reply Lauren April 20, 2017 at 11:30 am

This is the cutest dress! Absolutely love it!

Lauren

• Reply Annette April 21, 2017 at 2:21 pm

Thank you Lauren. I appreciate that. 🙂

• Reply StephTheBookworm April 20, 2017 at 11:55 am

Gorgeous photos and dress! I had an unintentional blog break last month. It just happened, and it was refreshing! We all need that sometimes.

• Reply Annette April 21, 2017 at 2:23 pm

Thank you, I appreciate that. That is wonderful that you were able to get refreshed. I found it to be very beneficial. I appreciate you reading. Have a great weekend.

• Reply Robin April 20, 2017 at 6:19 pm

I love your necklace! And I totally get the need to regroup – I’m about to take a bit of a break to go on vacation for the first time in months, and I’m both excited and nervous to be away. But I know it’s so important to mentally re-center yourself from time to time in order to do your best work!

• Reply Annette April 21, 2017 at 2:25 pm

Thank you Robin. 🙂 It is so true…it really helps us focus on that quality. Enjoy your vacation!! And don’t worry…we will all be here when you get back. 🙂 I really appreciate you reading. Have a great weekend.

• Reply shan April 21, 2017 at 4:34 am

Love this post and thoughts from your heart about your break. Love it & welcome back!

• Reply Annette April 21, 2017 at 2:27 pm

Thank you so much Shan. I really appreciate that. Thank you for reading. Have a wonderful weekend. 🙂

• Reply Jessica April 21, 2017 at 6:44 pm

Love the cute and casual dress! That color and print are fun!

Jessica | notjessfashion.com

• Reply Annette April 24, 2017 at 7:25 am

Thank you Jessica. 🙂

• Reply Angela Amores April 21, 2017 at 7:35 pm

Annette, this was such a good read. Thanks for sharing. Sometimes taking a moment to just be, and collect our thoughts is so needed. I love that. I loved your tablescape!! It was so pretty!! It had an Anthropologie feel to it.
    Angela

• Reply Annette April 24, 2017 at 7:26 am

Thank you Angela, I enjoyed having the time to do a tablescape. lol The break was really a good thing. I appreciate you reading. Have a great day.