Style

Denim on Denim: A Rodeo Inspired Look

March 1, 2017

Denim on denim is an effortless combination that just seems to have “cool” written all over it. It’s a perfect example of a combo that was once unheard of and now brilliantly makes perfect sense. Who knew??!? Now I don’t think it’s a surprise that I am a fan of denim in general. I love how denim has evolved over the years. Whether it be in the cut, fit, wash, styling or garment all together, denim has truly encompassed so many realms in our wardrobe needs in an ever so chic way.

denim on denim, stacked bracelets, zara denim

It just so happens that rodeo season is near.  Now I have to admit even though I have lived in Texas most of my life, I have only been to the rodeo three times! 😮 And those visits were for concert purposes only. I know, I know! I’m not even really sure why. Well, I partially might know why…there is a whole lot of people there guys!! Like A LOT!!! But we will save crowd anxiety topics for another day. 😉 Regardless, the rodeo is obviously a thing! And this simple denim on denim look is my kind of rodeo attire. Just throw on a hat and boots and your good to go.

rodeo inspired outfit, brown hat, distressed denim, leopard bag

hat, chambray shirt, rice village

denim on denim, leopard handbag, zara, suede hat

I am wearing bootie wedges here because I’m not a big cowboy (cowgirl?) boot fan. But as long as your footwear is comfortable go for it! Even these sneakers (that are currently on sale!) would look super cute with this denim on denim look.

Now it has been suggested when mixing denims to use pieces with contrasting washes. However I personally haven’t felt keeping the washes similar really hurts anything. I would just say play around with varies pieces and go with the blending tones that speak to you. A simple accessory can step in for needed contrast or further interest. The sky is the limit when it comes to denim in my opinion!

leopard bag, stacked bracelets, zara high waisted denim

Whether your going to a rodeo event or not, I hope this look has sparked some inspiration for pairing your denim pieces together.

rice village, denim on denim, wedge booties, hat, chambray      distressed jeans, tan hat, denim on denim      leopard bag, zara jeans, chambray button up

rice village, distressed high waisted jeans, leopard handbag

You can also find another simple rodeo inspired look here.

So are you going to the rodeo this year? Looks like the concert lineup has a broader variety this time around. What is your favorite part of the experience? We are thinking about taking our kids this year so I am all ears on recommendations and tips for little ones. Are there better days and times to avoid major crowds? Please share in the comments.

As always, thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you have an amazing rest of your week.

rodeo inspired look, denim on denim, tan hat

Wearing:

TOP Forever 21 (similar) || JEANS Zara (similar) || BOOTIES Charlotte Russe (similar) || BAG Banana Republic (similar) || HAT Forever 21 (similar) (similar)

ALL IMAGES: Broken Light Bulb

Latest Posts

• Reply Brenda March 1, 2017 at 7:31 am

I love this look!!! I’m obsessed with denim on denim looks. I hear you on the whole anxiety going to the rodeo. I use to go every year before we had our kids and just recently started going again two years ago.

I have to admit my favorite part of the Rodeo is seeing my little overcome some of his fears of certain rides. And of course the food and animals.

My biggest suggestion is don’t go during spring break it seems that’s when all the parents and kids are there and the crowds are crazy. Also avoid weekends. What my husband and I do is we let the kids off from school day and take them to the Rodeo during the week. Less crowds and you enjoy it much more.

• Reply Annette March 5, 2017 at 12:37 pm

Yah I can’t even imagine going during spring break! 😮 That’s a good idea to go during a school day. Thanks for the suggestions Brenda. 🙂

• Reply Katie Rose March 1, 2017 at 9:24 am

Love how you styled this denim on denim look!!!💗

• Reply Annette March 5, 2017 at 12:38 pm

Thank you! Appreciate you reading Katie. 🙂

• Reply Krista Nile March 1, 2017 at 11:21 am

I LOVE those jeans!!! I have lived in Montana and now Texas and I still haven’t been to a rodeo. Eek!

• Reply Annette March 5, 2017 at 12:39 pm

Thanks! Oh good…so I’m not the only one that hasn’t been yet. 🙂 I appreciate you reading Krista. Have a good one.

• Reply Patricia March 1, 2017 at 11:29 am

Such a cool casual look!! I love how you pair those jeans!!

• Reply Annette March 5, 2017 at 1:03 pm

Thank you Patricia! I appreciate you reading. Have a good one. 🙂

• Reply Virjinia Harp March 1, 2017 at 2:44 pm

What a cute outfit! I’m going to the rodeo this year for the concert lol. And the food! I guess it wouldn’t hurt to have a nice outfit too!

• Reply Annette March 5, 2017 at 12:45 pm

Hey Virjinia! You doing ok? Who are you going to go see? I saw Little Big Town last year and they were amazing. Well comfort is key for the rodeo in my opinion, especially for your feet! But why not cute and comfy right? 🙂 Thanks for reading. Have a good one.

• Reply Dawn Darnell March 1, 2017 at 3:07 pm

Loving this look Annette. Beautiful photos!

• Reply Annette March 5, 2017 at 12:45 pm

Thank you Dawn. 🙂

• Reply Leslie March 1, 2017 at 4:07 pm

I think you just brought back an old style but made it cute!

• Reply Annette March 5, 2017 at 1:00 pm

Fashion always comes back whether we want it to or not. Thanks for reading Leslie. 🙂

• Reply Kaycee March 1, 2017 at 4:22 pm

I love a good denim outfit! This is perfect for the rodeo!

• Reply Annette March 5, 2017 at 12:46 pm

Thank you Kaycee. I appreciate you reading.

• Reply lindsay March 1, 2017 at 10:16 pm

totally in love with those jeans on you! they definitely make the look more edgy!

• Reply Annette March 5, 2017 at 1:01 pm

Thanks Lindsay. Yes, I do enjoy a splash of edge to a look. Appreciate you reading. 🙂

• Reply Erin March 1, 2017 at 10:28 pm

I absolutely love this look! You pull off the denim on denim so well and I love your hat!

• Reply Annette March 5, 2017 at 12:47 pm

Thank you Erin, I appreciate that. Thank you so much for reading. 🙂

• Reply Silvia March 1, 2017 at 11:26 pm

You look beautiful! When I first saw this look on Instagram my first thought was this would be perfect for Rodeo and now that I’ve read your blog I feel so happy that I was right! 🙂 A couple of tips I can give is 1. Go during the week it’s so much easier with kids especially if you go early and 2. Wednesday’s are value Wednesday so admission is only $5 for everyone and if you do decide to try the concert & rodeo experience it’s only $10! Such a good deal! 🙂

• Reply Annette March 5, 2017 at 12:49 pm

Oh wow… I hadn’t heard about value Wednesday. Does that mean everybody goes on Wednesday though?? 😮 I a hearing during the week is best so we will probably jump on that one. I appreciate you reading. Thank you for the tips! Have a great one.

• Reply Belle March 2, 2017 at 7:28 am

Such a cute look! I love your jeans!

Belle | One Awesome Momma

• Reply Annette March 5, 2017 at 12:50 pm

Thank you Belle. I appreciate you reading.

• Reply Brittany March 2, 2017 at 9:59 am

Love this look! Totally reminded me of a western vibe, then I saw your title haha love the hat you paired with the look as well!

• Reply Annette March 5, 2017 at 12:51 pm

Thanks Brittany. I think the scene happened to magically help with the western vibes. That scene wasn’t even necessarily planned for that purpose, but it really worked out. Love it when that happens. 🙂 Thanks so much for reading Brittany.

• Reply Tiffany Arrows & Awe March 2, 2017 at 11:23 am

Loving the denim on denim! And of course the leopard. It’s totally neutral!

• Reply Annette March 5, 2017 at 12:52 pm

Thank you Tiffany! 🙂

• Reply Tricia March 2, 2017 at 3:00 pm

You are all ready for the rodeo! Looking great! I’ve never worn denim on top and bottom, but you’re making it look easy. Maybe I’ll have to try it!

• Reply Annette March 5, 2017 at 12:53 pm

Thanks Tricia. You should give it a try. A nice low key vibe that seems to work. 🙂

• Reply Patricia Hobson March 2, 2017 at 4:44 pm

I must say Rodeo for me , has always been about cook offs, and animals. Would enjoy the concerts just haven’t done it. I love the hat you chose for the outfit! Love ya, Annette!

• Reply Annette March 5, 2017 at 12:54 pm

Thanks! I think the kids would enjoy the whole animal scene for sure. Love you too Mom! Thanks for reading:) xoxo

• Reply Kenya March 2, 2017 at 4:48 pm

I am diggin the denim on denim trend! I’m usually not a trend follower but I actually want to try this one out!

• Reply Annette March 5, 2017 at 12:56 pm

Thanks Kenya. Hope you give it a try…great low key look. Appreciate you reading. Have a good one.

• Reply Kami Guertin March 2, 2017 at 8:20 pm

You look beautiful as always. I always like a denim jacket with jeans with a little bit of color for a top but the denim shirt with jeans goes really well. As for the rodeo, would definitely suggest going during the week and early and definitely not during spring break! We did that last year and ended up spending a ton of money just to buy something similar to a fast pass so the kids could actually ride the rides! Definitely would put your youngest in the mutton bustin! Mine loved it!!

• Reply Annette March 5, 2017 at 12:57 pm

Hi Kami! Thanks for the tip. I am definitely hearing during the week is best. The kids might get a kick out of skipping school. 🙂 Thanks for reading. xo

• Reply Brittany Comeaux March 6, 2017 at 7:59 pm

I LOVE all Denim. And your hat is so awesome!

• Reply Annette March 8, 2017 at 8:21 am

Thank you Brittany. 🙂

• Reply Connie March 7, 2017 at 7:24 pm

I used to think the same way about denim matching but unless you get another article of clothing from the same dye lot it won’t happen. I think what you have done with the lighter/darker is the way to go. As always, you look great

• Reply Annette March 8, 2017 at 8:22 am