Style

My Love for Unexpected Combinations

February 15, 2017

Unexpected combinations are one of my favorite results when it comes to styling. There is just something so interesting when elements not normally paired magically complement the other in a whole new and unique way. I’ve always somewhat struggled with fitting into one styling mold. For the simple fact that I’m drawn to soooo many varieties of textures and the vibes they represent. I have given up on “defining” my style.  But rather embrace the elements I’m attracted to and make them my own.

This look captures a glimpse into some of my favorite vibes in the world of fashion.

VINTAGE BLOUSE, ZARA DENIM, RED BAG

FEMININE

We are seeing a feminine flare from this amazing vintage blouse I was so fortunate to stumble upon. I’m telling you those “old lady” sections in the vintage shops are a gold mine! Seriously! I actually got laughed at when I purchased this blouse because I was told it looked like something their “Grandma wore”. Well their Grandma has exquisite taste as far as I was concerned. I mean look at the lace and collar detail in this blouse! GORGEOUS! What do they know?! 😉

BLUE BLOUSE, DISTRESSED DENIM, BLACK HEELS, ZARA, VINTAGE

LACE BLOUSE, ROUND SUNNIES, VINTAGE BLOUSE

VINTAGE BLOUSE, RED HAIR, ZARA JEANS

EDGE

We are seeing an edgy vibe expressed through these exaggerated distressed denims. Now incase you haven’t noticed, distressed denim is everywhere right now! Being that this one is a neutral washed denim if offers a subtle sense of attitude, without being so over the top grunge. I have to admit I do appreciate a little “tough”…just saying! 🙂

LACE VINTAGE, DISTRESSED JEANS, RED BUCKET BAG

LACE TOP, ZARA JEANS, RED HAIR, VINTAGE

RED BAG, DOWNTOWN HOUSTON, DISTRESSED DENIM

BLUE TOP, LACE, LACE COLLAR, RED HAIR

CLASSIC

We are getting our classic representation from the ever so simple, yet powerful black pump. Now I have a whole lot of love for the classics. I appreciate their loyalty and timeless presence. I don’t know about you, but I’m always drawn to something I can depend on.

RED BUCKET BAG, ZARA, HIGH WAISTED DENIM, DISTRESSED, LACE

RED BAG, ZARA JEANS, BLACK SUNGLASSES, HOUSTON

LACE TOP, GREY DENIM, RED HAIR, ROUND SUNGLASSES

RUFFLE COLLAR, LACE TOP, RED HAIR, VINTAGE

INTEREST

We are getting a splash of interest from this bold red colored bag. For the most part I am naturally drawn more towards neutrals and calm elements with little color. However, there is a side of me that can enjoy a touch of color for some extra pizazz.

BLUE BLOUSE, HGH WAISTED JEANS, DISTRESSED DENIM, RED BAG

HIGH WAISTED JEANS, RED BUCKET BAG, BLACK HEELS

STREET STYLE, CASUAL CHIC, BLUE BLOUSE, LACE, RED BAG, DESTRESSED DENIM, ZARA

♥♥♥

Each one of these pieces are special in their own unique way. Yet when paired together their individual strengths compliment each other and shine in a beautiful cohesive finale.

I feel that is so true in life with us as people. We all have strengths and when we embrace each other and work together, powerful and beautiful things happen.

RED BAG, VINTAGE, LACE TOP, TEAL WALL, HOUSTON, CASUAL CHIC

STREET CHIC, STREET STYLE, DISTRESSED JEANS, RED HAIR, ZARA, VINTAGE

So tell me, do you enjoy unexpected combinations in a look or is a more streamlined approach preferred? I would love to hear what you think in the comments.

Thank you so much for visiting. I hope you and yours have a wonderful rest of your week.

CTREET CHIC, RED BAG, ZARA DENIM, DOWNTOWN HOUSTON

Wearing:

BLOUSE Vintage (similar) || JEANS Zara (similar) (similar) || BAG Zara || HEELS Michael Kors

ALL IMAGES: Dawn P. Darnell

Latest Posts

• Reply Gabby February 15, 2017 at 2:21 pm

Love the blouse !!!

• Reply Annette February 15, 2017 at 4:14 pm

Thanks Gabby! It’s one of my favs. I appreciate you reading. Have a good one with your fam. 🙂

• Reply Angela Amores February 15, 2017 at 2:50 pm

Annette, I loved how you mixed the feminine, and the edgy together. Gorgeous colors on you too!!
    Angela

• Reply Annette February 15, 2017 at 4:15 pm

Thanks Angela! I really appreciate you reading. Hope to see you soon! Enjoy those babies of yours. 🙂

• Reply Virjinia Harp February 15, 2017 at 4:45 pm

You are ROCKING that look! You seriously look like a model in that outfit.

• Reply Annette February 15, 2017 at 5:35 pm

Awe thank you Virjinia, your so sweet. btw I love the way your name is spelled. I think that every time I see it. I really appreciate you reading. Have a good night! 🙂

• Reply Patricia Hobson February 15, 2017 at 6:00 pm

Well you ask, those jeans speak volumes to me……..your either doing a lot of housework on your knees or you have mice in your closet…..lol! I don’t mind a few holes….those are big holes……I guess my age is speaking in this comment. I would never laugh at that blouse, your right that lady must of had class. Enjoyed reading!

• Reply April Kusewicz February 15, 2017 at 6:40 pm

I love the way you styled your feminine top with distressed jeans. Make it look edgy and unexpected.

• Reply Annette February 17, 2017 at 12:15 pm

Thank you, I appreciate that. Thank you so much for reading April.

• Reply Silvia February 15, 2017 at 8:51 pm

Haha the grandma section! You had me laughing when you said that last time! You look good girl! I love how you paired the top with those edgy jeans! These entire look is amazing.

• Reply Annette February 17, 2017 at 12:16 pm

Thanks Silvia! Hope your feeling better. It’s Friday!! 🙂

• Reply Gloria Tiberi February 16, 2017 at 11:35 pm

I love how you are so knowledgeable about fashion. I would have never thought to pair those together but you pulled it off. I’m not as daring I guess in my day to day wardrobe but I think I’m not because I don’t know if it would look good or not. It may intimidate me a bit.

• Reply Annette February 17, 2017 at 12:17 pm

Thanks Gloria! You and mom were the ones that laughed at me when I got that blouse! 😉

• Reply Brenda February 21, 2017 at 3:50 pm

Annette I love this look! I love how feminine it looks and so edgy! I swear your picks are outstanding! Im seriously questioning my no print or color wardrobe. I love how colors and prints look on you but when I try them on I feel funny lol! 💗

• Reply Annette February 23, 2017 at 5:34 pm

Thank you Brenda! Your so sweet. You pull prints off just beautifully… I saw that printed floral dress your wore this past Thanksgiving. You looked amazing in it!! 😉 Thanks so much for reading. xo